Saturday 6 May 2017

Update

Although I haven't been posting much lately, I have been out and about taking pictures of the work going on at Taiwan's southern reservoirs. In all likelihood I won't post any pictures for the next couple of weeks. Several houses adjacent to my house are in the process of being demolished and at some point construction will begin on a new house. In the meantime I have to live with the disruption to my internet access, using only my phone whilst my computers remain shut down. 

Later this month, weather permitting, I will travel back up north to see about completing the field work I had almost finished last year. In particular, I want some late afternoon shots over certain areas of Feitsui reservoir and a couple of visits to Xinshan reservoir to see the dam and diversion tunnel exit point. After that, I will decide whether to move the motorbike south and east to Hualien or south and west to Hsinchu. I'm much more keen on Hualien, though there is still some unfinished business at Shihmen reservoir and further south in Taichung. As long as I can keep enough money coming in, then I should be able to finish off all of my remaining field work this year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation is now in place, as of April 2012. Rules:

1) Be aware that your right to say what you want is circumscribed by my right of ownership here.

2) Make your comments relevant to the post to which they are attached.

3) Be careful what you presume: always be prepared to evince your point with logic and/or facts.

4) Do not transgress Blogger's rules regarding content, i.e. do not express hatred for other people on account of their ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation or nationality.

5) Remember that only the best are prepared to concede, and only the worst are prepared to smear.